Valmont Industries, Inc. Technical Sales Engineer in Valley, Nebraska
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This Individual Contributor position is a technical resource for the promotion and development of our marketplace presence within Architectural and Engineering organizations and our customer base. In addition, this position will require gaining the knowledge of new product launches to best support specification creations along with identifying opportunities in the marketplace to improve our specification support for the customer. The person will have product knowledge of Lighting, Traffic and Small Cell structures in conjunction with a structural engineering background for the technical understanding of product infrastructure.
· This position reports to the Manager of Engineering and has no direct or indirect reports
· This role requires up to 35% travel domestically, including overnight stays
· Builds relationships with key architectural and engineering firms/clients
· Provides customer specification support to best position Valmont for future Quotation and Order wins
· Demonstrates how our products exceed those of competitors
· Suggests modifications and/or adjustments to products or customer documents that meet customer needs
· Produces weekly reports on activities and opportunities within the areas of focus
· Provides a technical resource to both internal and external customer base
· Provides engineering assistance to create customer specifications
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor’s degree with 6+ years relevant experience or Associate’s Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Five years of structural engineering experience
· Two years of professional experience interpreting customer specifications, customer needs and market/sales needs
· Previous experience presenting to Engineers and non-technical audiences
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Products including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Demonstrated strengths in interpersonal skills, including the ability to adapt and professionally communicate with a variety of people in a positive manner to build and cultivate lasting business relationships
· The ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and government regulations
· The ability to travel domestically 35% of the time
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· PE Certification
· Prior knowledge of sales trends and relevant Wireless tower/Component product
· The ability to solve complex problems with high attention to detail and work in a fast-paced environment subject to specific deadlines
· A person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and delver exceptional results
· Demonstrated experience identifying opportunities to create focused specifications to improve company sales success.
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. 35% travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.