Valmont Industries, Inc. Sr. Executive Assistant in Valley, Nebraska
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position reports directly to the Vice President & General Manager North American Structures and supports other Executives from our Senior Leadership Team. The incumbent will provide support of strategic planning process and special projects as requested. Responsibilities may include managing access to and screening calls; managing executive calendars; optimizing complex travel requirements and meetings; customer relations, design and preparation of reports and financial data as well as playing a key role in assisting the development of internal presentations and other communication materials to be used with Valmont senior management.
· This Individual Contributor position reports to the Vice President, General Manager of North American Structures and has no direct or indirect reports
· Responsible for making and managing contact internally and externally and typically regarding highly sensitive, complex and/or confidential issues
· Collects and prepares information for use in discussions and or meetings of executive staff and outside individuals
· Provides comprehensive support services to the Vice President and General Manager and supports other Top Executives
· Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments, conferences, and interviews on behalf of supported personnel. May include securing location, coordinating necessary materials/presentation equipment, and arranging food/lunch/refreshments
· Coordinate international and domestic travel arrangements
· Coordinate travel arrangements in addition to associated logistical details, as required, for all supported personnel
· Administers correspondence, manages incoming calls, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail
· Handles all calls and visitors with grace and professionalism
· Serve as back up to the other executive administrative assistant as needed
Other Important Details about the Role:
This position works independently within the Global ESS division and must be tactful and diplomatic in interactions with all levels of Company personnel, outside executives and other professionals with whom the departments interface. This position requires the ability to reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide and critique such information as written material, numerical data, and inquiries from all levels of management and outside professionals. Must be able to prioritize projects and balance workload.
It is expected that all Valmont employees will engage in behaviors which demonstrate our core values and show respect, align actions to improve value for our customers, work effectively in a team, take responsibility to identify waste and find its root cause, and to engage as a lifelong learner who uses what s/he knows to make improvements.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor’s with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
· Experience proofreading business documents for grammar, spelling, syntax and format
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Adobe
· Excellent organization, verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent computer and Internet research skills
· Flexibility, superior interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
· Sensitivity to confidential matters is required and this individual has an obligation to ensure administrative tasks are performed consistent with Valmont’s Code of Business Ethics
· Professional demeanor
· Ability to handle work of a confidential nature with minimal supervision
· Experience organizing virtual meetings
· Ability to prioritize, manage and meet multiple deadlines that come from different managers
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Experience preparing presentation materials for Board of Directors and other related business development activities
· Experience working in dual or matrix-structure reporting system
· Meeting/event planning experience
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.