Valmont Industries, Inc. Mechanical Engineer in Valley, Nebraska
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position reports directly to the North America Engineering Manager. Valmont Coatings is a leader in providing durable and functional coatings solutions that protect and enhance our customers’ products. In North America, this includes 21 sites today. The Division is continuously pursuing growth through both acquisitions and Greenfield construction. The Engineer will work on many varied projects to achieve Coatings Division tactical and strategic goals, including capital, maintenance, process development, and R & D projects. The position will travel as needed to the sites to research and implement these projects. The work involves the application of engineering, project management, and financial analysis skills. Initiative and attention to details are keys to success in this position where projects are identified and managed to completion by the Engineer. Communication skills are vital to work with various functions within the Division and the Engineer will have opportunities to learn how each of these interact for success. Opportunities for advancement include promotion within the engineering department or transfer to operations management.
· Unique opportunity to use engineering skills while learning operations and financial aspects.
· This role requires 70% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays.
Work as a project manager and/or team leader to complete projects by coordinating with other functions, including the formation and directing of Agile teams.
Evaluate, select, and apply engineering solutions to a variety of manufacturing related problems.
Assist in the development of capital expense budget plans, equipment/construction contracts, and strategic improvement plans.
Design and specify new fixtures, tooling, equipment, and method modifications to improve cost, safety, and quality of products
Design and specify process heating systems, exchangers, filter systems, and furnaces.
Utilize Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) technologies to assist in engineering problem solving
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Safety is a critical responsibility for this role
· Ability to identify issues and take initiative to address them
· Communicate with engineering management: including bringing up issues, work/project status, and impediments hindering work
· Effectively communicate with multiple levels and functions within the company
· Diligent work ethic to pay attention to details and maintain documentation for future reference.
· Support global operations as needed
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering field
· Five (5)+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
· Knowledge and expertise in manufacturing process and equipment
· The ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced working environment
· Proven track record of continuous improvement results
· Ability to travel 60%· Ability to communicate and interact with others in a professional manner
· Must have a high awareness for safety at all times
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Five years of previous experience in a Mechanical/Mechanical Design/Manufacturing/Industrial Engineering or related position
· Three years of previous experience as a project manager and/or engineering team leader
· The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is performed in an office setting and out in the operations. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. The employee is required to be able to move about the Coatings plant sites and around equipment at those sites. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. The incumbent is also required to travel internationally and domestically 70% on an annual basis. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.