Valmont Industries, Inc. Business Planning Analyst in Valley, Nebraska
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Business Planning Analyst position in the North America Operations organization. In this individual contributor position you will apply Master Scheduling, production planning and analytics to achieve the most efficient and economical value to the Sales & Operations Planning functionality for Valmont North America.
Multi-site production planning & optimization:
· Effectively manage projects relating to the optimization of production capacity and footprint across multiple sites in North America in an engineer-to-order environment.
· Define and develop S&OP performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of Supply Chain factors, and provide ongoing analysis in areas such as production planning, inventory levels, material planning optimization, Inventory and logistics planning.
· Develop, maintain and review metrics aligned to ensure Sales & Operations Plan execution is on target.
· Identify, negotiate and resolve conflicts with respect to material and capacity availability as well as order-promising and integrity.
· Communicate long-term planning demands to stakeholders across the NA Operations network.
· Demonstrate full knowledge of the product lines and ERP systems, and serve as a technical leader for assigned systems and/or service development, ability to educate and train end-users to a technology-driven Supply Chain.
· Evaluate order expedite requests and coordinate with site level production control teams to fulfill customer requests.
· Assist with development of projects plans to meet deadlines for major initiatives, drive various groups and cross-functional projects to promote smooth implementation of initiatives.
Analytics of Sales & Operations Planning processes:
· Translate business requirements into the design and development of data models and reports, identify trends, and ensure accuracy and readiness of data.
· Use analytics to optimize the demand and supply balance, determining out-of-balance conditions, identifying alternatives, and recommending actions for mitigation.
· Conduct regular cadence of data gathering, aggregation and analysis required to formulate Sales & Operations Plan.
· Collaborate with appropriate teams to forecast demand, establish forecasting procedures, models and quotas to identify changes and trends, and to create supply plans to optimize service levels and maintain Supply Chain System efficiency.
· Validate data in various databases to ensure accuracy and consistency, identify root causes of data inconsistency, and implement corrective action plans to meet business requirements.
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Support business functions, working with functional leaders and providing periodical and ad-hoc analyses and reports as required.
· Execute project management disciplines to ensure projects and tasks completed on time and within budget, and business requirements delivered.
· Demonstrate strong production planning and scheduling skills.
· Assist site production control teams on implementation of Valmont and Industry best practices.
· Abides by all policies and procedures of Valmont Industries, Inc.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelors with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Experience with production planning and Master Scheduling techniques
· Strong understanding of Supply Chain principles, practices, and procedures in manufacturing environment
· Advanced Microsoft Suite software skills, especially Excel modeling, Excel data analysis
· Knowledge of business intelligence and/or analytical/statistical software: Oracle, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI
· Working knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning ERP software
· Strong understanding of project management principles.
· Ability to work independently
· Passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain management, or Operations
· American Production and Inventory Control Society APICS certificate desired: CPIM and/or CSCP certificate
· Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.