Valmont Industries, Inc. Production Supervisor in Tucson, Arizona
1501 S Euclid Ave Tucson Arizona 85713
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
The Production Supervisor is a first-line Supervisor who serves as a highly driven individual that will be responsible for safety, product quality, exercising cost control, producing parts and assemblies to schedule, motivating shop employees to attain quantity and quality standards and administering company & division policies. This position supervises hourly production employees and maintains the log of shift operations.
· Monitor employee’s performance to ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed and adhered.
· Implement and assign work schedules to maximize the utilization of manpower, machines, and equipment
· Defines expected production standards, and monitors performance standards of the assigned personnel
· Observes personnel to ensure the proper operation of assigned work and equipment
· Ensures inspection checks and quality assurance occurs to produce high quality products
· Promote a continuous productivity improvement climate that encourages suggestions for operational improvement
· Administers and supports company policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner
· Trains new employees about divisional and organizational activities and safety policies and procedures
· Consolidates weekly time sheets and work sheets for hourly employees, production summaries, overtime and downtime reports
Other Important Details about the Role:
· This position reports to the Production Manager.
· Thorough knowledge of the equipment and processes in the areas.
· Acquired knowledge of planning, organizing, controlling, coordinating, and directing manufacturing personnel.
· Possess a high level of supervisory capability, which insures leadership, and motivation of subordinates to attain high standards of quality and productivity.
· React to change in a timely and organized manner.
· Evaluate and weigh alternatives, establish appropriate priorities, and formulate sound decisions affecting all phases of the operation.
· Foster harmonious relations within their shift and between shifts.
· Accountable for safety, product quality, exercising cost control, meeting production schedules, the proper uses of direct and indirect labor, accurate record-keeping and reporting, minimizing scrap and rework costs, training new and existing personnel, and communicating with other supervisory and management personnel as well as subordinates.
· Frequent use of computer terminals and personal computers to perform duties of their position.
· Thorough knowledge and awareness of the safety issues related to each operation performed within the department, and must assure that all employees adhere to safe practices at all times
· Understanding of The Valmont Way theory of Lean Manufacturing principles.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
Bachelors with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
Five (5) years of experience in manufacturing or logistics/distribution environment
A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Outlook
Strong leadership skills and the ability to support divisional business objectives
Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
Recognize and solve practical problems and/or issues
Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
Effectively interpret and present information both one-on-one and in front of an audience
Calculate figures such as pay changes for employees, proportions and percentages, and product dimensions
Work in a high volume, fast paced environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
Three years of experience in a supervisory position
Previous supervisory experience in a manufacturing or logistic operations environment
Practical hands on experience in Lean Manufacturing
Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
In addition to an office setting, the supervisor also spends a majority of his or her time on the production floor as well as outside during all seasons of the year and in the manufacturing areas. The supervisor is expected to wear all necessary PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), as required. This position is exposed to all hazards located at manufacturing sites including noise, fumes, excessive heat and cold, dust, welding arc, all chemicals associated with the manufacturing areas, fire, smoke, unstable debris, confined spaces, and working in high areas. Up to 5 percent travel to domestic locations may be required.
While performing the duties of this job, the supervisor is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The supervisor is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear, taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.