Valmont Industries, Inc. Spray Painter - 2nd shift $16.00 plus $1 shift differential in Steele, Alabama
475 Dietrich Road Steele Alabama 35987-2613
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated, driven and talented individual for the painter position , 2nd shift, in the paint department at our Steel, Alabama Galvanizing site.
Shift: 2nd shift
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Paint poles using a paint gun cartridge system
· Break down and clean gun daily using acetone
· Maintain and repair paint gun and electric/hydraulic style paint reactors
· Use a Wet Mil thickness gauge
· Operate an overhead crane as needed to build loads
· Back up shot blaster as needed
· Mask, tape poles and apply UV coating using hand roller
· Inspect, spot, and report damage to maintain a quality product
· Make recommendations to resolve any damage or defects found in
· Complete required paperwork
· Maintain a safe and productive working environment by wearing
required personal protective equipment and following facility
safe ty/OSHA regulations at all times
· Establish priorities and reorder priorities when necessary
· Pay attention to detail and follow work instructions including all required
· Calculate simple mathematics and accurately read a tape measure
· Communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
· Assist in the training of new paint department employees
· Be a team player in a diverse group assisting in other areas/in other ways
as needed or when idle.
· Be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver
· High school diploma or GED preferred
· Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Mechanically and technically inclined preferred
· Able to train and apply training correctly
· Able to read, write and follow instructions
· Able to perform simple mathematics and read a tape measure
· Self-supervising once given instruction/guide lines with the ability to
recognize/solve practical problems/issues
· Attention to Detail
· Working Well under Pressure
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs,
· Able stand, walk, climb, sit, bend, squat, stoop, push, pull, reach, grasp,
hold and carry for various periods of time
· Able to wear required PPE at all times: Hard hat, safety glasses, ear plugs,
gloves, reflective vest, long sleeves, long pants, steel toed boots with built
in met guards, fresh air hood, face shield as needed
Paint customer product in a fast paced industrial environment wearing a fresh air hood. Fill in as back up blaster as needed. Must move large product using chain and/or straps for attachment to the crane while following all required safety standards. Complete all required paperwork including OSHA required. Take mil reading using a Wet Thickness gauge. Must report any defective straps or chains immediately. Must follow all processes, procedures and regulations and maintain the highest of standards including no damage to product and/or equipment. Must wear PPE at all times, arrive on time, work the required schedule each week and report any damage or issues to the department supervisor immediately. Must be aware of surroundings at all times including coworkers, especially while in movement and request assistance when
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets.
Valmont began in 1946 when founder, Robert B. Daugherty, combined his $5,000 savings with a wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. From those modest beginnings, the company grew into a global leader of engineered products and services for infrastructure, and water-conserving irrigation equipment and solutions for agriculture.
From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the world’s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources. Improving Life ® .
Four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 22 different countries. Valmont is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
We are passionate about our products. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader.