Valmont Industries, Inc. Senior IT Auditor in Omaha, Nebraska
One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Under the direction of the Audit Director IT, this position performs detailed audit reviews of computer information systems to support Valmont’s annual internal audit plan and other projects. Responsible for planning, designing, conducting, and reporting the results of IT audit projects for adequacy, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Independently performs IT audit procedures to test and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of general and key controls around IT systems and applications for regulatory compliance.
· Supervising and providing feedback on the work of others as assigned on multiple projects and teams
· Managing multiple complex projects independently and meeting deadlines under pressure
· Acting as a liaison for internal IT management and external IT auditors
· Independently analyzing, investigating, documenting, and reporting on the effectiveness of IT general controls and related processes by preparing and reviewing working papers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions
· Evaluating the adequacy of management’s response and the corrective actions taken for significant IT audit observations
· Independently extracting, compiling, formatting, and sampling test data from a range of accounting and ERP application systems
· Creating and maintaining various technology-based solutions designed to enable analysis of massive amounts of information
· Actively communicating status and results with IT management and staff
· Training other IT audit staff in the use of computerized audit techniques, and in developing methods for review and analysis of computerized information systems
· Applying GAAP, GAAS, Company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, laws, best practices, and principles of ethical behavior to all work performed
· This position reports into IT Audit Director and has no direct reports
· This role requires up to (15%) global travel, including overnight stays
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor’s with 5+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 7+ years relevant experience or 9+ years of relevant experience
· Minimum three years of IT audit experience or five years working in the following Information Technology areas: Information Security, Systems Administration, IT Operations, Access Management, Data Backup Restoration, Project Management, Asset Management, Database Management (Oracle and SQL), Change Management, Data Center Security, Data Mining, PCI Compliance, Network Engineering, Application Development, ERP Application Systems, Active Directory Management, Business Continuity, and Segregation of Duties Assessment using multiple application security frameworks
· Ability to extract and compile data through scripting, MS Excel and Access techniques
· Business systems knowledge and experience with evaluation and assessment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to IT management
· Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements and control activities of IT staff and senior leadership
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
· Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
· Bachelor’s degree in Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, Science, Accounting, or Finance
· Five years of experience working in Information Technology such as IT infrastructure, application development, database administration, and security administration
· Strong audit planning, supervisory and organizational skills
· Expert investigative and analytical skills
· Expert knowledge of IT auditing processes and procedures
· Expert knowledge and use of Excel, Visio, Access, and related macros and databases
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Approximately 15% travel is required for this position (both domestic and international). The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.