Valmont Industries, Inc. Senior Auditor in Omaha, Nebraska
One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position performs detailed audit reviews to support Valmont’s annual internal audit plan and other projects. This position is responsible for assisting in planning, fieldwork and reporting of various audit entities and providing recommendations for the improvement of internal, operational, and management control systems. The nature of this position requires strong collaboration with internal business partners as well as external business partners to include external audit firms.
· This position reports to the Audit Manager and has no direct reports
· Assess and report the results of assigned financial and process internal control audit projects for adequacy, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness.
· Analyze, investigate, document and report on financial reporting and other process control weaknesses, including root cause determination (who, what, when, where, why, and how), impact on the Company’s control environment, and consulting with management to develop logical corrective action plans.
· Perform assigned Company, Subsidiary and Joint Venture internal audits and control projects worldwide, and as directed, provide assistance to the Company for acquisitions, divestitures, and other projects.
· Complete year-end audit procedures and support interim and year-end financial and internal control audits by the Company’s external auditor; participate in special requests from Company management and the external auditors with approval from IA Director.
· Apply GAAP, GAAS, Company policies, procedures, rules, regulations, laws, best practices, and principles of ethical behavior to all work performed.
· This role requires up to 25% domestic and global travels
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, MIS or Business Administration from an accredited university
· Minimum of three to five years auditing experience in a professional service or manufacturing company
· Expert knowledge of financial and operation auditing processes and procedures
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to management
· Minimum of two years auditing experience in a professional service or manufacturing company
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CIS Auditor
· Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or MIS
· Strong audit planning, supervisory and organizational skills
· Ability to think critically
· Strong analytical skills
· Expert knowledge of financial and operational auditing processes and procedures
· Expert knowledge and use of Excel, Access, and related tools
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Approximately 25% travel is required for this position (both domestic and international). The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.