Valmont Industries, Inc. Audit Manager in Omaha, Nebraska
One Valmont Plaza Omaha Nebraska 68154-5215
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
Under the direction of the Vice President Internal Audit, this position is responsible for managing and coordinating the execution of the annual Global Integrated Audit Plan. The Audit Manager will assist in leading the planning, fieldwork and reporting of various audit entities and providing recommendations for the improvement of internal, operational, and management control systems. The nature of this position requires strong collaboration with internal business partners as well as external business partners to include external audit firms.
· Organizing, directing, and controlling multiple assigned projects, investigations, and initiatives by organizing teams of assigned resources to assess the achievement of selected Company objectives in defined disciplines and scope of assigned coverage
· Designing and implementing project plans to perform and document control assessments to support management’s regulatory disclosure requirements, and providing support for executive management teams
· Monitoring, examining, assessing work product quality, and reporting on the examination and analysis of business process control design and effectiveness, risk mitigation, and the achievement of relevant Company objectives through validation of sound business practices including policies, processes, procedures, internal control activity design effectiveness, business systems management and information integrity, safeguarding and efficient utilization of resources, and compliance with state, local and governmental regulations, and information systems management
· Strong collaboration with the business during the planning, testing and reporting of audit programs
· Ability to critically think, identify potential risks within the business and assist management in developing controls to mitigate the risks
· This position reports to the Vice President Internal Audit
· The Audit Manager is responsible for developing and leading staff in the completion of the audit plan and special projects
· This role requires up to 25% travel to include domestic and international
· Evaluates the results of annual and quarterly risk assessments across the enterprise to highlight changes in key business indicators for adjusting the annual plan of coverage
· Assigns and schedules priorities to achieve maximum utilization of staffing and budgeted resources, develop subordinates, and promote staff professional development
· Analyzes project results to gauge compliance with Company practices and policies, the effective design and execution of formal control activities, and estimate the significance of performance deviation based upon audit entity and consolidated Company materiality to assess, document, and present internal and regulatory disclosure requirements and prioritize resolution
· Validates the accuracy of Company records relating to assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures and related transactions and recommend improvements to system and management controls designed to safeguard Company resources, promote Company growth, and ensure compliance with local, state and governmental laws and regulations
· Responsible for the preparation, monitoring and review of audit examinations, including the results of special investigations, internal control deficiencies, and corrective action plans
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor's Degree with 6+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 8+ years relevant experience or 10+ years of relevant experience
· Seven years of public accounting or internal audit experience in a leadership position
· Thorough understanding of business process control design and auditing techniques, with an emphasis on manufacturing
· In-depth knowledge of GAAP guidelines and Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations
· Five years’ experience with integrated governance, risk management, and compliance concepts and frameworks, including alignment of strategy, processes, technology, and people to optimize the achievement of organizational and assurance objectives
· Three years of direct supervisory and leadership experience in coaching, mentoring and developing audit staff
· Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing automated audit techniques and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of obtaining and validating business information to achieve internal and external audit objectives
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Auditing, MIS or Business Administration from an accredited university
· Professional certification such as CPA, CIA or CISA
· Experience using and developing data analytics
· Ability to prioritize projects for multiple people; meet deadlines efficiently and work in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent oral and written communication skills to clearly and concisely present information to Company management
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. Approximately 25% overnight travel is required for this position (both domestic and international). The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.