Valmont Industries, Inc. Senior Manufacturing Engineer in McCook, Nebraska
75 South Hwy 83 McCook Nebraska 69001-8569
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer manages the development of manufacturing processes, facilities, and equipment maintenance, facilities design, utilities, and construction for a large manufacturing plant. This position is accountable for the manufacturing processes and methods of production of various division products. This position responsible for moderately complex engineering projects from design to implementation in accordance with the company’s policies. Helps mentor and oversee assigned technical associates and coordinates all work within the scope of assigned projects. Serves as a consultant to others, providing technical information and engineering recommendations that assist with various projects and training purposes. The position requires the ability to plan and apply the practices of manufacturing; to research and develop the tools, processes, machines, and equipment; and to integrate the facilities and systems for producing quality products with optimal expenditure and an emphasis on continuous improvement and cost reduction.
· Maintain and develop detailed routing sheets which specify operational sequences, establish bills of materials, cost centers, tooling, gages, machines, feeds and speeds, etc.
· Provide technical support for manufacturing activities including plant layout, process mapping, engineering calculations, and maintenance projects
· Conduct machine and equipment investigations including preparation of justification for new equipment or alternate processes
· Design and implement tooling or machines to support or improve manufacturing processes
· Promote and participate proactively in the direction and development of Lean projects and activities
· Establish process work instructions for various production machines
· Assist Manufacturing to improve productivity, efficiency, and quality
· Participate in an on-going cost reduction program
· Establish and maintain schedules for completing approved projects
· Provide and maintain Quality Assurance programs in the division to reduce scrap and rejects
· Assist manufacturing departments by providing necessary engineering data involving ergonomic issues or other safety concerns
· This position reports into Manager, Engineering and has no direct reports.
· This role requires up to 5% travel (internationally/domestically), including overnight stays
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
· Develop and coordinate material handling methods and devices to facilitate the processing of both finished products and raw materials
· Train shop personnel in the use of CNC equipment and provide support for problem diagnosis
· Keep abreast of the latest developments in manufacturing process technology and make recommendations when applicable
· Provide and obtain sources of and cost estimates for various farm-out activities as required
· Support necessary CNC operational machines for programming and facilitate shop interaction of these programs
· Maintain and demonstrate knowledge of safety regulations for industry
· Assist in further development of TPM, PM, and SMED
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.