Valmont Industries, Inc. Receiver - 1st Shift in Houston, Texas
6123 Cunningham Rd Houston Texas 77041
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
Nature and Scope:
The Shipping/Receiving Operator must be knowledgeable about proper galvanizing techniques and practices, including inspections of product for hanging brackets, venting holes, paint, shellac, and pitted material. Incumbent will create tags for the product loads with details including piece count and finished product packaging and will be responsible for entering this information into Visual Shop. Responsible for inspecting galvanized product for damage and defects and coordinating special handling for finished product that does not meet quality standards.
Will be knowledgeable on proper galvanizing techniques and practices and to communicate potential problems to the shift Crew Leader.
Will be knowledgeable of quality system work instructions. Will also be trained in the ASTM123 Standard.
Will be proficient at reading and understanding tags, bills of lading, and shipping and receiving papers.
Will create tags for incoming product loads and will enter that data into Visual Shop.
Will be proficient with Visual Shop.
Will be responsible for working with small hand tools including tape measures and gauges.
Other duties as assigned.
• Education Background / Skills: Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions. Requires adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing. Must understand the quality requirements of finished product. Must be able to read tags, bills of lading, and shipping and receiving papers. Must be knowledgeable about safe galvanizing practices including proper venting and hanging devices. Must possess adequate communication skills to work efficiently from verbal instructions given by departmental supervision. Must have a working knowledge of small hand tools including tape measures and gauges.
• Job Training: The Shipping/Receiving Operator will require 6 months on the job experience to achieve a minimum acceptable level of performance.
• Decision Making: Must be able to identify quality issues and bring those to the attention of the shift Crew Leader, and resolve identification and equipment issues by notifying the shift Crew Leader. Must communicate problems and/or needs to departmental supervision to aid in the maximum utilization of equipment, material and human resources.
• Communicating potential problems with material to the shift Crew Leader.
• Inspect incoming material for proper venting and hanging.
• Inspect galvanized material to ensure it meets the quality standards, reject material that does not meet quality standards, and coordinate special handling for this material.
• Create tags on incoming product with details including piece count and finished product packaging.
• Move pieces of steel and other material up to 50 pounds by hand from different locations in the plant and yard.
• Operate small hand tools including tape measures and gauges.
• Operate computer to enter product information.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Basic Objective Qualifications (Required for job):
The ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and Visual Shop
Proficient at reading tags, bills of lading, and shipping and receiving papers
Completion of the American Galvanizers Association (AGA) Inspection course
The ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
The ability to stand 90% of a shift and work outside in extreme weather conditions
The ability to work with small hand tools including tape measures and gauges
Basic Subjective Qualifications (Required for job):
The ability to communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions
High awareness for safety
Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Preferred Qualifications (Optional):
High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Two years of experience in a Shipping/Receiving or Distribution position
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.