Valmont Industries, Inc. Human Resources Generalist in Claxton, Georgia
674 Industrial Park Drive Claxton Georgia 30417
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This individual contributor position is accountable for the development, recommendation, implementation and administration of programs, systems and services. This position will coordinate and provide comprehensive Human Resources support for the Claxton facility and must build and develop effective relationships with the leaders, managers and employees to influence and execute HR processes and initiatives. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas, including, but not limited to: employee relations, recruiting and staffing, training, performance management, compensation and benefits, new hire onboarding, off-boarding, policy implementation, organizational change and employment law compliance. As a member of the HR Team, this role serves on the HR front line in support of the business. This position is actively involved with assisting and supporting the management team to build organizational bench strength and demonstrate best practices in Human Resources.
· This position reports into the site General Manager and has no direct or indirect reports
· Provide full range of Human Resources advice, support, consultation and guidance, including application of HR policies and processes, to assigned departments and employees
· Demonstrate a commitment to customer service by ensuring timely and accurate responses to inquiries and requests from employees
· Maintain ongoing compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations
· Navigate and assist in the resolution of employee issues; leading employee relations initiatives and investigations to ensure a positive and fair work environment
· Support change management related to the implementation of organizational solutions
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the business through exposure to departmental activities
· Collaborate with department leaders to execute HR processes and associated activities
· Implement and manage various HR and campus-wide initiatives, including, but not limited to safety events, annual performance review process, benefits open enrollment, new programs/policies, and training initiatives
· Provide information and tools to support effective delivery of HR services and processes, including HR related systems
· Builds credibility within assigned departments by demonstrating an understanding of the business strategy and challenges, aligning the departments' short-term and long-term people goals with the business strategy, and facilitating and implementing initiatives to assist the business in achieving success
· Accurate data entry into HRIS system and related HR technologies
· Seeks learning and development opportunities to improve professional competencies and stays current on HR practices through benchmarking, networking, and exposure to business related research/publications
· Organize and lead New Employee Onboarding
· Attend and support company events such as job fairs & HR conferences
· Create and maintain job descriptions
Other Important Details about the Role:
· Gather and analyze feedback from leadership team at Claxton and partner with HR Manager in developing and implementing solutions
· Recommends, develops and implements programs to promote employee performance, engagement, satisfaction and retention
· Analyzes employee relations issues and investigates employee complaints, including complex matters, involving site leadership as appropriate and makes sound, timely recommendations for management action and follow-through to ensure closure
· Supports managers and associates during the performance management process which includes defining goals, identifying key job responsibilities, creating development plans, assessing performance and evaluating compensation
· Participates on project teams (e.g. administration of engagement surveys, implementation and enhancements of new technologies, analyzing candidate assessment tools for implementation, utilization, and effectiveness, administering and analyzing exit interview results)
· Development and maintenance of HR related metrics and reports from those systems and performing the analysis on results including creating professional presentations with data from various systems and reports.
· Participate in projects across the HR function and/or the business unit. Identify business unit needs.
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Bachelor’s degree and three years human resources experience in a generalist capacity; or Associates degree and 5 years relevant experience; or 7 years relevant experience
· Knowledge and ability to act on Compliance and Regulatory issues
· A minimum of two years of experience working with a major, non-proprietary HRIS system
· The ability to work in a production/manufacturing environment
· The ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours to support operational needs
· Self-starter and able to work professionally and independently
· Strong customer service orientation, communication and presentation skills
· Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy while working in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines
· Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, initiative and maintain confidentiality
· Experience with employee relations dispute resolution, and litigation avoidance
· A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· PHR certification, or SHRM-CP certification
· Experience using Workday and EmpCenter® Suite (Enterprise Workforce Management) software applications
· A high awareness for labor compliance, amendments, regulations, including Affirmative Action Planning as well as court decisions related to employment laws
· Knowledge of group benefit plans and how open enrollment for benefits is carried out and regulated
· Experience working with timekeeping and compensation plans for both exempt and non-exempt employees
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
Work is typically performed in an office setting; however, incumbent may be required to go into the production or shipping/receiving areas. While visiting the manufacturing areas of the plant, use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required at all times. The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings. Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time. No travel requirements for this position. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms while working in the office with various files and forms and while working on the computer. The employee is occasionally required to move about the office. Incumbent must utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and positions, keyboard location and height and proper wrists rests. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets.
Valmont began in 1946 when founder, Robert B. Daugherty, combined his $5,000 savings with a wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. From those modest beginnings, the company grew into a global leader of engineered products and services for infrastructure, and water-conserving irrigation equipment and solutions for agriculture.
From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the world’s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources. Improving Life ® .
Four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 22 different countries. Valmont is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
We are passionate about our products. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader.