Valmont Industries, Inc. Industrial Maintenance Mechanic - 3rd Shift - Starting at $22.61 + $1.00/per hour shift differential in Claremore, Oklahoma
25010 Alliance Dr Claremore Oklahoma 74017
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
• Repairs machinery and mechanical equipment
• Examines maches to diagnose source of trouble
• Replaces broken or defective parts with items obtained from stock, or requisitions parts from vendors, through supervisors
• Reassembles machines
• Involved in installing or repairsing any of a variety of electrical equipment, such as, motors, conduit systems or other transmission equipment
• Working from blue prints, drawings, layout or other specifications
• Procures welding supplies and consumables
• Logs all equipment repairs weekly and monthly
• Builds new machines
• Upgrades old machines
• Performs other duties as directed by leaders and management.
• Actively participate in department safety, demonstrate excellent safety practices and behaviors which conform to all Valmont safety policies and procedures.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Graduate from an accredited technical school for maintenance or 6 months to one year related experience and or training. Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Forklift experience and certification
• Basic computer skills
• Electrical & Hydraulic training
• Ability to calculate formulas using basic mathematics and standard U.S. and Metric Measurements.
• At the end of 90 Calendar days the candidate must be able to maintain an acceptable level of production, quality and attendance as determined by Management.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries, Inc. is a leading producer and distributor of products and services for the infrastructure and agricultural markets.
Valmont began in 1946 when founder, Robert B. Daugherty, combined his $5,000 savings with a wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. From those modest beginnings, the company grew into a global leader of engineered products and services for infrastructure, and water-conserving irrigation equipment and solutions for agriculture.
From lighting and traffic structures to guide the way, to communication towers that keep people connected, to utility structures that power homes and businesses, to irrigation equipment and technology that helps grow the world’s food, we are committed to Conserving Resources. Improving Life ® .
Four primary business segments comprise Valmont: Engineered Support Structures; Coatings; Irrigation and Utility Support Structures. We manufacture products in over 80 different facilities spread across 6 continents and do business in over 22 different countries. Valmont is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol (VMI).
We are passionate about our products. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking products and processes to new markets, developing new products for existing markets, and continually improving across the company to ensure that Valmont solutions are always the global industry leader.