Valmont Industries, Inc. Network Administrator II in Brenham, Texas
2551 Valmont Dr Brenham Texas 77833-5418
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
A Brief Summary of This Position:
This position serves as the primary point of contact for the support and network administration of all computer related IT equipment and system software to include maintaining Valmont’s PC’s and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). The incumbent will work closely with the Server Engineering team and is responsible for up to five hundred VMware clients, five to fifteen network servers & three thousand desktop clients in North America. The incumbent must be self-directed, technically competent and capable of working under severe time constraints, quick decision making, and extreme pressure with little or no direct supervision occasionally lead or train team members, performs as technical advisor on complex situations and provides assistance. The incumbent must be able to handle problems and requests in a timely fashion while maintaining a high level of exceptional customer service and professionalism at all times. The incumbent will be required to provide rotational desktop and VDI after-hours support, back up AV Technician support, and other special projects and duties as assigned by the manager.
· This position’s principal responsibilities include acquiring, configuring, installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, upgrading and repairing the servers and client computer systems, hardware, interfaces, and peripheral devices locally or remotely and video conferencing executive global support. The incumbent acquires and installs new software releases and system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, resolves software related problems, and maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity. Evaluate, procure, configure, test, install, maintain, perform complex troubleshooting and repair of personal computers and related equipment, including MAC/PCs, laptops, video conferencing equipment and tablet computers. Proactive PC lifecycle management and contributes to establishing standards of purchasing, imaging, configuring, & installing software, maintaining, & disposing of computer equipment assets. Confer with staff, users, and management to recommend requirements for new systems or modifications. Ensure that new systems and programs are thoroughly tested and all changes documented prior to going into production, including recovery processes.
· Primary after hours technical support contact for Desktop, Shop Critical Computer systems, and VDI problems
· Travel up to 25% of the time as required to remote locations in support of company projects, directives, and initiatives including international travel
· This position is called upon to manage small-scale special projects. As a result, the incumbent must demonstrate good project management skills including: analyzing requirements, planning, execution of plan, tracking progress, and effectively communicating status & project expectation to the appropriate audience. The incumbent plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools to track various system installations, develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. This position also develops, documents, and revises system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
Important Details about the Role:
· The incumbent reports to the Computer Services Manager
· This position’s other responsibilities include providing Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) support. The incumbent must be able to maintain a high degree of self-directed activity. The incumbent administers vSphere application creating new pools and associated virtual machines. The incumbent analyzes system resources associated to virtual machines and server resources to ensure the sustainability and functionality of VMware View Clients. This position works closely with Network & Server Engineers to collaborate on network/server related matters, conduct tests, reviews and documents system performance to ensure current business needs and potential future demands are met with the best technology solution available. The incumbent must possess the ability to research potential resolutions to complex issues regarding hardware and software support for the end user.
· Collaborate with System and Network Engineers to support installation of network hardware and software at all site locations to ensure that network security is properly executed, maintained, and tracked. Co-administering Windows updates & Microsoft Deployment Tools (MDT) for user PCs at all North America sites.
· Provide File/Print Server & DHCP Server support installing new printers, configuring DHCP reservations, updating printer drivers, monitoring server health and operation and escalating problems as necessary including basic troubleshooting for copiers, printers and fax machines for all of North America sites
· The incumbent is responsible for properly tracking and documenting all system problems, changes, and problem resolutions using the company trouble ticketing system. As the use of computers has become integral to our corporate success, any problems that arise must be handled in a timely fashion, which may be under severe time constraints and extreme pressure. Rapport and teamwork must be maintained with all members of Valmont’s IT staff. This position works in conjunction with other IT Shared Services groups Enterprise-wide to deploy and maintain end-user hardware and software.
· Communicate needs and escalate issues, outages and incidents to Corporate IT Shared Services management as well as the appropriate executive management and\or facility manager
· Provide email and wireless Internet configuration for iPhones, and Android mobile phones & other devices
· Educate non-technical customers in the use of microcomputer-based products
· Assist, train, and direct desktop personnel engaged in special project work, problem solving, monitoring, installing hardware and software
Required Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
· Preferred Bachelor’s with 3+ years relevant experience or Associates Degree with 5+ years relevant experience or 7+ years of relevant experience
· Five years of experience with VMware and vSphere applications
· Five years experience with Polycom or Tandberg voice/video conferencing technologies/applications
· Valid driver’s license
· Experience with Windows Server Update Services technologies/applications
· Experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit technologies/applications
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft’s Active Directory user/computer administration
· Basic knowledge of network components and TCP/IP protocol
· Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot, identify and replace components on computers and peripheral equipment
· Thorough knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems, including Windows 7, 8 & 10, Server 2008R2, 2012, 2016
· Demonstrated ability to configure personal computers for network operations
· Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint)
· Ability to lift and transport equipment weighing up to 50 pounds from a floor or table position using a proper lifting technique
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem-solving and analytical ability, and the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Highly Qualified Candidates Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree in computer science, MIS or CIS
· Comptia A+, Network+ and Server+, MCP, MCITP, MCSA, VMware/vSphere Certification
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
The working environment extends to any area on the Valmont sites in North America where a PC requires installation or servicing. Travel is expected to offsite locations for preparing computers, audio/visual and video conferencing equipment for seminars and conferences. The employee is expected to utilize proper ergonomic safeguards such as monitor height and position, keyboard location and height, and appropriate use of wrist rests. This position requires manual and finger dexterity to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, hand and power tools, and handle computer components. In addition, the position requires the ability to lift and transport equipment weighing up to 50 pounds from a floor or table position using a proper lifting technique.
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment, call (402) 963-1115 or email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.