Valmont Industries, Inc. Rigger - Day Shift in Birmingham, Alabama
475 Dietrich Road Steele Alabama 35987-2613
Welcome to Valmont, where a world of opportunity awaits. When you join our team, you become part of a passionate group dedicated to changing lives and conserving resources around the globe. We want problem solvers who roll up their sleeves to foster progress and innovation for all people. At Valmont, we provide infrastructure, irrigation, tubing and coatings to the world. We strengthen cities. We nourish croplands. We design, manufacture and coat. Our products and services make a difference. Join us, and BUILD YOUR WORLD.
The position will work out of Steele AL, Training will be in Birmingham, AL
How you will contribute
Valmont is currently seeking a highly motivated and talented individual for the Rigger position. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will exercise care and diligence when rigging material for outside rubber tire mobile cranes. Additionally, you will…
· Read and interpret marks on material needed for loading or movement
· Use proper and safe chain rigging techniques for material movement
· Place or stack material for storage or loading
· Work in an outdoor environment
· Operate a forklift
· Use a chain saw to cut dunning material
· Have opportunities to train for other positions as they become available
What it takes
· Six months previous experience preferred in rigging in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
· The ability to read, write, add, subtract, multiply, and divide
· Ability to use common manufacturing math
· Repetitive lifting (up to 50 lbs. on occasion), stooping, reaching, pulling, standing, pushing, and grasping are required
· Proficient at reading tags, bills of lading, and shipping and receiving papers
· The ability to stand 90% of a shift and work in noisy, outdoor conditions
· The ability to work with small hand tools including tape measures and gauges
Highly qualified candidates will also possess:
· High School Diploma or GED
· 1 year of previous rigging experience in an assembly environment
· 1 year of previous rigging experience in a manufacturing or fabrication environment
· 1 year of previous experience operating hand and/or power tools
· The ability to accurately and honestly check one's own work for quality assurance
· The ability to communicate problems or needs to departmental supervision
· The ability to communicate and interact with coworkers in a positive manner
· The ability to pay attention to detail and follow work instructions completely and accurately
· High awareness for safety
· The ability to learn and understand hand signals
· Must be a person of passion and integrity who has the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
Valmont does not discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out the application for employment email EEOCompliance@Valmont.com.
Valmont Industries is a leading producer and distributor of products for the infrastructure and agriculture markets.
Valmont Industries began in 1946 when our founder, Robert B. Daugherty combined his $5,000 savings and wholehearted belief that business could and should be done better. Since that modest start more than half a century ago, our company has grown to be an international leader in engineered products and services for infrastructure and water-conserving irrigation equipment for agriculture.
From the lighting and traffic structures that guide your way, to communication towers and utility structures that power your home and business, to irrigation equipment that waters the croplands on which your food is grown, Valmont products improve lives worldwide.
Valmont Industries operates in five primary business segments: Engineered Support Structures, Utility Support Structures, Coatings, Energy and Mining, and Irrigation. Valmont (VMI) is publicly traded on the NYSE.
We focus on two global markets: infrastructure and agriculture. Valmont Industries is present in 23 developed and developing countries, offering 27 brands from more than 80 facilities. International sales represent a significant portion of our revenues.
Valmont’s employees are passionate about the products we make. Along with our customers, they are the cornerstone of our success. We pride ourselves on being people of integrity who excel at delivering optimal results. We pursue opportunities for growth by taking our products and processes to new markets, introducing new products to regions where we have a presence, and continually improving our services to ensure that Valmont solutions are second-to-none.